Calendar of Events:
*Please keep in mind that due to weather and a whole host of other reasons, the dates of events may change or an event may even be canceled. If there is any doubt, call before you haul.
Please send us your upcoming events! Send an e-mail with the particulars to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘KHC Calendar’ in the subject line. You may also send events to: KHC Events, 8831 Quail Lane, Suite 201, Manhattan, KS 66502.
♦ Flying W Ranch in the Kansas Flint Hills has a calendar full of dates for Cattle Drives, Trail Rides, Bringing Home the Remuda, the Rodeo Weekend, Moonlight Rides, and more! Ride their ranch horses or bring your own. Experience the Tallgrass Prairie and Cowboy Culture in the heart of the Flint Hills. For more info: www.flinthillsflyingw.com, email@example.com, or call Gwen at 620-340-2802.
♦ Douglas County Trail Riders offers a wide range of activities and educational events including trail rides, horse shows, cowboy challenge courses, clinics, parades, fundraisers, community service, social events and parties. See our upcoming events at www.dctr.org or follow us on Facebook.
♦ Gyp Hills Trail Rides, near Medicine Lodge, is open to campers and riders 365 days a year. Visitors are given a map that details 10,000 acres of open trails. Guided rides are offered for groups of 20 or more, as well as access to the air-conditioned Cowboy Cafe. Ride on your own for $10/day per person; you provide your own equine, tack, and camping equipment. For more information on riding on your own or Gyp Hills organized rides, go to gypsumhillstrailrides.com
♦Pretty Prairie Saddle Club has activities planned almost every weekend. Check out their calendar of trails rides, shows, parades, and fun shows on Facebook. Contact Anita Kroeker for information on membership at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-727-7911.
- 20 Walk/Run/Ride Tri-Trail Benefit on the Flint Hills Nature Trail near Vassar. 14-mile bike/3-mile run/14-mile horse, team or individual. Sponsored by Back Country Horsemen of Kansas. Contact Carol Retzer, 785-215-2296 or see flyer for details. Tri Trail Flyer 2018
- 20-21 Pretty Prairie Saddle Club Trail Ride at Kanopolis State Park. 10am, bring sack lunch. 620-727-7911 or email@example.com.
- 21 Onaga Saddle Club Fall Trail Ride. Rescheduled from October 7th. Hosted by Bill and Linda Price at 15605 Day Road. Be saddled and ready to go at 1:00 and will return at 4:00 for meal. Fried chicken provided, please bring a side dish, tea/water/pop also provided. Please no stallions, alcohol or dogs allowed. Contact Linda Price for more info at 785-889-4800.
- 23 UHCA Race, EC Equine, Louisburg. No EXCA points. For more info, www.ultimatehca.com.
- 27 Douglas Co Trail Riders Fall Fun Show, Lawrence. Showbill on DCTR Facebook page or at www.dctr.org.
- 28 Pretty Prairie Saddle Club Trail Ride, Partridge. 1:30pm, meal follows. 620-727-7911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Douglas Co Trail Riders Meeting, Lawrence. Meeting, 6:30pm; Speaker and meeting, 7pm. Non-members welcome. email@example.com
- 3 Douglas Co Trail Riders Miniature Play Day, Lawrence. See DCTR Facebook page for details.
- 3 Pretty Prairie Saddle Club Fun Show, Pretty Prairie Rodeo Arena. 1pm. 620-727-7911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10 Pretty Prairie Saddle Club Entry in Veteran’s Day Parade, Cheney. 620-727-7911 or email@example.com.
- 11 Pretty Prairie Saddle Club Trail Ride at Sand Hills State Park, Hutchinson. 1:30pm. 620-727-791
- 17 Alisha Cygan Dressage Clinic, R & D Ranch, 2131 SE 41st, Topeka. Limit 10 riders, individual 45-minute sessions. $85/$15 to audit. $50 deposit due upon registration; balance due Nov. 1. Lunch provided. Contact Katie Heyns, 785-806-7220 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Dressage Clinic Flyer
- 1 Lawrence 26th Old Fashioned Christmas Parade, Lawrence. All horse and horse-drawn vehicles. Get details at email@example.com or call 785-856-4437.