Calendar of Events:
*Please keep in mind that due to weather and a whole host of other reasons, the dates of events may change or an event may even be canceled. If there is any doubt, call before you haul.
Please send us your upcoming events! Send an e-mail with the particulars to email@example.com with ‘KHC Calendar’ in the subject line. You may also send events to: KHC Events, 8831 Quail Lane, Suite 201, Manhattan, KS 66502.
♦ Flying W Ranch in the Kansas Flint Hills has a 2016 calendar full of dates for Cattle Drives, Trail Rides, Bringing Home the Remuda, the Rodeo Weekend, Moonlight Rides, and more! Ride their ranch horses or bring your own. Experience the Tallgrass Prairie and Cowboy Culture in the heart of the Flint Hills. For more info: www.flinthillsflyingw.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Gwen at 620-340-2802.
♦ North East Kansas Small Area Group (NEKSAG) is a family friendly competitive horse show environment with many 4-H members placing at the State Fair each year. www.neksaganythinghorses.com
♦ Douglas County Trail Riders offers a wide range of activities and educational events including trail rides, horse shows, cowboy challenge courses, clinics, parades, fundraisers, community service, social events and parties. See our upcoming events at www.dctr.org or follow us on Facebook.
- 6 – Trail Work Day at Clinton Lake, 10am. Meet at Rockhaven Horse Camp with clippers, loppers, chainsaws and appropriate footwear for walking trails, no horses. Contact Diana Skinner if you can make it, as lunch will be provided. email@example.com or Ride Kansas on Facebook.
- 26-28 – The Kansas Horse Council presents the 19th Annual Equifest of Kansas, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. www.equifestofks.com
- 26-28 Kansas Cowboy Dressage Association Discipline Showcase, Equifest of Kansas, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. Find more information on KCDA on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 12-13 SEK Little Britches Rodeo, Ft. Scott, KS. Bourbon County Fairgrounds. Rodeo 10am, both days. Find out more on FB – SEK LBR March 12/13 Fort Scott, Kansas.
- 9-10 Dianne Olds Rossi Clinic, sponsored by Kansas Cowboy Dressage Association, R&D Ranch, Topeka. Find more information on KCDA on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 19 – 1st Annual Ride for Life Fun Show with all proceeds benefiting Heart Choices, a non-profit serving North Central Kansas, 1 pm, Osborne County Fairgrounds, Osborne. $15 entry. Entry fee waived with $20 sponsorship; earn one raffle ticket for every $20 in sponsorships. Prizes for each event – Pole Bending, Barrels, Speed Barrels, Figure 8, Pair Blanket Race, Bottle Race. 785-738-3433. Click on link for flyer – Ride for Life flyer
- 23-24 Friends of the Peckerneck Trail Ride, Alma, Nebraska. Ride the bluffs above Harlan County Reservoir. $15 both days. Free overnight primitive camping. Potluck dinner after ride. Water for horses. Lunch on trail (BYO). 308-320-4908. South of Alma on Hwy 183.
- 29-May 1 Cyndi Harris Clinic & Schooling Show, sponsored by Kansas Cowboy Dressage Association, Antelope Creek, Udall. Find more information on KCDA on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 30-May 1 – Ride with the Kansas Horse Council at Kanopolis Lake. $30 for KHC members; $40 for non-members; $15/kids under 12. Campers may arrive at Rockin’ K Campground Friday evening. Potluck supper at 7pm at Shelter House; Saturday: Ride at 10am, pack your own lunch, return to camp 3-4pm. Catered supper at 6pm at Shelter House; door prizes. Hot breakfast, 7-8am Sunday, then ride at 9am. Return to camp by Noon. Reserve your campsites at www.reserveamerica.com. See KHC home page for registration form. Questions: KHC Office, 785-776-0662, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Thomas, 785-633-4761, email@example.com.
KHC Kanopolis flyer
2016 KHC Ride Registration & Release
- 17-19 KCDA Eitan Beth-Halachmy Clinic & Schooling Show, Topeka. Find more information on KCDA on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 3 KBRA Jackpot. 10 am, Lucky Spur Saddle Club, Oskaloosa. Find more info on FB – KBRA Jackpot.
- 16-17 MODTRA 15- and 25-Mile Competitive Trail Ride, West Point Equestrian Campground, Eisenhower State Park, Melvern Lake.
Melvern Lake MODTRA Ride
- 26-28 KCDA Gathering & Regional Show, sponsored by Kansas Cowboy Dressage Asso, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. Find more information on KCDA on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 3 5th Annual Perry State Park Benefit Ride & Fundraiser for Wild Horse Trails & Campground. Click on links for ride flyer & registration.
- 24 KCDA Schooling Show, Udall. Find more information on KCDA on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 24-25 2nd Annual Trail Ride to Benefit Rockin’ K Campground, Kanopolis Lake. Saturday, 9:30am – guided ride; 6pm, potluck supper, live auction, raffle. Sunday, 9am – breakfast followed by ride. $25/rider (includes one raffle ticket and Sunday breakfast). Reserve your campsite at www.reserveamerica.com. Become a $50 sponsor by June 30 and receive a t-shirt. T-shirts available at ride, $15. Raffle tickets 5/$1. All proceeds benefit upgrades and improvements to the Rockin’ K Campground. Contact: Tracy McIntyre, 620-680-0935.
- 1-2 Trail Ride to Benefit Rockhaven Equestrian Camp & Trails, Clinton Lake. Stay tuned for details.
- 7-9 Trail Ride to Benefit Eisenhower State Park Equestrian Campgrounds & Trails, Melvern Lake.
2016 ESP Ride Flyer
2016 ESP Ride Registration
- 22-23 KCDA Jean Luc Connille Science of Motion Clinic with KSU, Manhattan. Find more information on Kansas Cowboy Dressage Association on Facebook or at www.kansascowboydressage.com.
- 24-25 2nd Annual Trail Ride to Benefit Rockin’ K Horse Campground, Kanopolis Lake. Saturday, 9:30am – Guided Ride; Saturday evening potluck at 6pm (please bring dish to share), live auction and raffle. Sunday, 9am – Breakfast, followed by ride. $25/person (includes one raffle ticket and Sunday breakfast). Become a sponsor of $50 by June 30 and receive one free t-shirt. T-shirts may be purchased for $15. Door prizes throughout the evening. All proceeds benefit the Rockin’ K Campground for updating and improvements. Contact: Tracy McIntyre at 620-680-0935.