Calendar of Events:
*Please keep in mind that due to weather and a whole host of other reasons, the dates of events may change or an event may even be canceled. If there is any doubt, call before you haul.
Please send us your upcoming events! Send an e-mail with the particulars to email@example.com with ‘KHC Calendar’ in the subject line. You may also send events to: KHC Events, 8831 Quail Lane, Suite 201, Manhattan, KS 66502.
♦The Kansas Expocentre, the official sponsor of the KHC, offers a full calendar of events of interest to equestrians. Click here for more info:
♦ Flying W Ranch in the Kansas Flint Hills has a 2016 calendar full of dates for Cattle Drives, Trail Rides, Bringing Home the Remuda, the Rodeo Weekend, Moonlight Rides, and more! Ride their ranch horses or bring your own. Experience the Tallgrass Prairie and Cowboy Culture in the heart of the Flint Hills. For more info: www.flinthillsflyingw.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Gwen at 620-340-2802.
♦ North East Kansas Small Area Group (NEKSAG) is a family friendly competitive horse show environment with many 4-H members placing at the State Fair each year. www.neksaganythinghorses.com
♦ Douglas County Trail Riders offers a wide range of activities and educational events including trail rides, horse shows, cowboy challenge courses, clinics, parades, fundraisers, community service, social events and parties. See our upcoming events at www.dctr.org or follow us on Facebook.
♦ Gyp Hills Trail Rides, near Medicine Lodge, is open to campers and riders 365 days a year. Visitors are given a map that details 10,000 acres of open trails. Guided rides are offered for groups of 20 or more, as well as access to the air-conditioned Cowboy Cafe. Ride on your own for $10/day per person; you provide your own equine, tack, and camping equipment. For more information on riding on your own or Gyp Hills organized rides, go to email@example.com or call Robert Larson, 620-886-9822.
♦The Ultimate Horseman’s Challenge Association (UHCA) has 8 exciting obstacle challenge events scheduled for 2016. See the schedule and contact information at www.ultimatehca.com. End of the year awards are fantastic. Our budget includes approximately $7,000 for prizes awarded to members at the Annual Meeting and Banquet. In addition to those we also anticipate awarding of two saddles donated by loyal sponsors. These events are for ages 5 upwards. Our events are also sanctioned for EXCA points which can be qualify the rider for the EXCA World Championships in Hamilton, Texas.
- 3 The Kansas Horse Council is excited to announce that Dr. Temple Grandin will be the featured speaker at Horse Care 101, KSU, Manhattan! Dr. Grandin is a world-renowned autism spokesperson and consultant on animal behavior. She was one of the 2010 Times magazine’s top 100 of most influential people in the world. “ Dr. Grandin is an autistic American professor of animal science at Colorado State University, world-renowned autism spokesperson and consultant to the livestock industry on animal behavior. She is widely celebrated as one of the first individuals on the autism spectrum to publicly share insights from her personal experience of autism. She is also the inventor of the “hug box”, a device to calm those on the autism spectrum. In the 2010 Time 100, an annual list of the one hundred most influential people in the world, she was named in the “Heroes” category. She was the subject of the award-winning, semi-biographical film, Temple Grandin.” Registration info is available on the KHC home page.
- 3 Lawrence Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade, Lawrence. The 24th year of tradition as one of the most unique parades in the country exclusively with horse-drawn carriages. 11 am. Find info at www.lawrencechristmasparade.org.
- 7 Kansas Thoroughbred Association Annual Meeting & Conference, Wichita Marriott
- 11 Fuzzy Horse Winter Show Series to Benefit Changing Leads Equine, Lone Wolf Ranch, 22801 S. State Line Rd, Cleveland, MO. Sponsors needed. Click on link – Fuzzy Horse Winter Show Series
- 29-Apr 2 Longines FEI World Cup Jumping & FEI World Cup Dressage Finals, Century Link Center, Omaha, NE. Omaha beat out venues all over the world to host this prestigious event that will attract competitors from over 15 countries, including Olympians. Over 60,000 people are expected to attend from around the world. A free Horse Exploration Zone will be available for families, and there will be over 125 vendors. Visit www.omahaworldcup2017.com for more info. Volunteers are needed! $35 to volunteer at the Finals; this includes 4 ticket vouchers to non-sold-out events, free parking, lunch and/or dinner vouchers, a polo shirt, and more. Contact Cheryl, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-930-3070, or www.omahaworldcup2017.com/volunteer.
- 15 Fuzzy Horse Winter Show Series to Benefit Changing Leads Equine, Lone Wolf Ranch, 22801 S. State Line Rd, Cleveland, MO. Sponsors needed. Click on link – Fuzzy Horse Winter Show Series
- 28-30 Join the Kansas Horse Council for a Weekend of Riding the Trails at Hillsdale State Park, Hillsdale Lake. Details to come.
- 20 Fuzzy Horse Winter Show Series to Benefit Changing Leads Equine, Lone Wolf Ranch, 22801 S. State Line Rd, Cleveland, MO. Sponsors needed. Click on link – Fuzzy Horse Winter Show Series
- 20-21 Kansas Buckskin Horse Association Buckskin, Buckskin Bred, and All Breed Horse Show, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. For more info: email@example.com.
- 10-11 Kansas Buckskin Horse Association Buckskin, Buckskin Bred, and All Breed Horse Show, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8-9 Kansas Buckskin Horse Association Buckskin, Buckskin Bred, and All Breed Horse Show, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. For more info: email@example.com.
- 19-20 Kansas Buckskin Horse Association Buckskin, Buckskin Bred, and All Breed Horse Show, Kansas Expocentre, Topeka. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2-3 Annual Trail Ride to Benefit Perry Lake Horse Trails. Details to come.
- 22-24 Kanopolis Trail Ride to Benefit Rockin’ K Equestrian Campground and Trails. Details to come.
- 29 – Oct 1 Annual Chili & Pie Feed Ride at Clinton Lake. Details to come.
- 14-15 Eisenhower State Park (Melvern Lake) Annual Benefit Trail Ride. Details to come.