Calendar of Events:
*Please keep in mind that due to weather and a whole host of other reasons, the dates of events may change or an event may even be canceled. If there is any doubt, call before you haul.
Please send us your upcoming events! Send an e-mail with the particulars to email@example.com with ‘KHC Calendar’ in the subject line. You may also send events to: KHC Events, 8831 Quail Lane, Suite 201, Manhattan, KS 66502.
Cowboy Dressage Winter Play Days, Moriah Training Center, 23659 Parallel Rd, Tonganoxie. Every 3rd Saturday of the month, 9am. Pre-registration required; $30/participant. Limited spots available. Open to participants ages 13 and older. School horses available. All participants must sign waiver and wear helmet. Snacks and hot drinks included. Indoor arena. Develop feel and timing, gain confidence and control, create softness and collection, improve communication and partnership. Contact Jenna Brumm, 785-766-7413, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.brummfarms.homestead.com.
The Flying W Ranch in the heart of the Kansas Flint Hills has a 2015 calendar full of dates for Cattle Drives, Trail Rides, Bringing Home the Remuda, the Rodeo Weekend, Moonlight Rides, and more!. Ride their ranch horses or bring your own. For more info: www.flinthillsflyingw.com, email@example.com, or call Gwen at 620-340-2802.
- 20 Meeting for Anyone Interested in Reviving Horse Racing in Kansas. 2pm, Cabela’s Deli, Kansas City. For more info or to RSVP: PTracing@cox.net or 405-826-9914.
- 24 Kansas Thoroughbred Association Convention and Stallion Season Auction, Hays House Restaurant, Council Grove. $50/each; registration begins at 3pm. Stallion season auction, 6pm (no registration required for auction). www.kansasthoroughbred.com.
- 20-21 Join us for the North American Trail Ride Conference National Convention Feb 20-21, 2015 on the Plaza in Kansas City! MEMBERSHIP IS NOT NECESSARY TO ATTEND!Convention will consist of several presentations regarding equine care for distance riding by Jeannette Mero, DVM (head vet from the American Endurance Ride Conference) and Lynn Clifford will discuss dealing with your own fear after coming back from an accident and for obstacles (can translate over to show ring jitters!), as well as a presentation from Denise Ferris over equine legal issues, Trisha Killian on trailer care and Mary Hanson, formerly of the National Park Service on trail advocacy. We will also have vendors there for your trail riding tack etc. needs! We will be having at least 4-5 rides sanctioned in Kansas alone this year! Curious about what competitive trail is? Join us for education, inspiration and come meet some of our competitors from across the nation! We are also interested in having more vendors there this year–if you have a small equine-related business that you would like to promote, we have advertising packages and spaces available for vending–we would love to have you! For more information and registration, please visit www.natrc.org.
- 28-29 Kristin Weaver Brown Barrel Clinic, Derby. Also scheduled for September 5-6, Lyons. Contact Diana, 620-340-2372, firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- 11-12 Open Centered Riding Clinic, Meriden, KS. * Increase Effectiveness of your Aids, * Improve Your Horse’s Performance, * Enhance Lightness, * Improve Confidence, * Friendly, Fun Learning Environment!Open to riders and horses of all disciplines Advance registration required; discounts for early sign up; limited space – first come, first served! More Info Contact: Carol O’Donnell Wilson, Level 3 Centered Riding Instructor & Clinician HiddenAcresFarm@embarqmail.com or 785-484-3570.