Horse Care 101 Featured Dr. Temple Grandin
December 3, 2016
Kansas State University
Dr. Temple Grandin, American Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University, world-renowned autism spokesperson and consultant to the livestock industry on animal behavior, was the keynote speaker at this year’s Horse Care 101. Following the morning with Dr. Grandin, afternoon sessions featured workshops conducted by members of the KSU Veterinary Hospital Staff.
Thank you to the following Horse Care 101 sponsors:
Horse Care 101, Saturday, November 14, 2015 –
A wonderful day of clinics, hands-on labs, special kid’s activities, a panel discussion, lunch, snacks, and a welcome bag!
Horse Care 101 – click on the link for more information
The 4th Annual Kansas Horse Council Educational Seminar, Horse Care 101, Saturday, November 14, 7:45am-4:30pm. Special speaker – Casy Winn, K-State Rodeo Coach. New Location – Weber Arena at K-State.
The schedule includes:
- A live demo in Weber Arena featuring Casy Winn (Ground Manners, Basic Communication, Training Techniques)
- Dr. Elizabeth Santchi on radiographs and lameness detection
- A panel discussion including representatives from: the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association, US Pony Club, North American Trail Riding Conference, Kansas Hunter/Jumper Association and the Ft. Leavenworth Hunt Club
- Hands-on afternoon labs with Dr. Chris Blevins demonstrating bandaging and emergency first aid; Dr. Santchi with more on radiographs and lameness detection; the Kansas Farriers Association; Dr. Elizabeth Davis on vaccinations.
- Alternate afternoon activities for young attendees will be provided by the K-State Horsemen’s Association in Weber Arena.
- There will be a catered lunch, morning and afternoon snack breaks and door prizes.
Tickets include lunch, refreshment breaks and a welcome bag containing informational materials and first aid items including: a digital thermometer, vet wrap, weight tape and laminated bandaging instructions.
Registration fees: Students – $15, Adults – $30 and Veterinary Professional Continuing Education Credit – $80. Pre-registration is required. To register or for more information call: 785-532-4528 or email: email@example.com.
Sponsors include: HORSLIC, Noble Outfitters, Vanderbilts, Heartland Equine Hospital, Better Horses, The Basement Tack Store, VBRC, & Valley Vet